Swimming Merit Badge Event
Presented by the Columbia River District
Date: January 26 and February 2, 2019. The events spans both dates and one registration covers both dates.
Time: 3:00PM to 5:00PM both Saturdays.
This event covers the Swimming Merit Badge, NOT the Lifeguard Merit Badge.
Washington State School for the Blind,
Kennedy Center Pool
2289 E McLoughlin Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98661
*The Stenehjem Fitness Center is on the north side of campus on the south side of McLoughlin Blvd. We will have a lifeguard present for the swims.
$8.00 per scout for mb instruction and swim test..
$4.00 per scout for swim test only (attend either day)
This event will allow a maximum of 70 participants to ensure each participant has time to work on the swim test and merit badge.
All Reservations are nonrefundable.
• Scouts who need the BSA Swim Test for Second and First Class advancement or Camp
• Scouts who passed the swim test and want to work on the Swimming Merit Badge.
Scouts who already earned the Swimming Merit Badge should not plan to attend unless they simply need to take the BSA swim test for other reasons.
Each scout MUST bring:
- Permission slip (download below),
- Filled-out blue Merit Badge card
- Swim suit
- Change of clothes
- BSA Medical Form Parts A and B (download below).