Eagle Scout Scholarships
You have no doubt been told many times that the benefits of participation in Scouting last a lifetime. The same holds true for a college education.
Cascade Pacific Council Eagle Scout Scholarships
The Cascade Pacific Council offers 10 annual scholarships to outstanding Eagle Scouts residing in the Cascade Pacific Council who have distinguished themselves in accordance with the Scout Oath and Scout Law. There are 9 scholarships for $2,000 plus the top amount of $4,500!
To be eligible an Eagle Scout needs to be a high school senior residing in the council service area with a minimun 3.0 grade point average and demonstrated leadership. (Okay to earn the rank in another council.)
Eagle Scouts who will be high school seniors during the current school year should plan to apply. Download Application
- Application: Fully completed, typed application form. Only the first 50 applications will be accepted.
- Essay: One page essay discussing how Scouting has influenced your life and developed your character.
- From your Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook: Copy of Proposal Page C --“Project Description & Benefit”
- One Letter of Reference from one of your Scouting leaders.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- December 1, 2018 — Application period opens: Only first 50 applications accepted for consideration.
- January 11, 2019— Deadline for all materials to be turned in to the council service center in Portland.
- First full week of February— Finalists notified of interview schedule
- Week of February 11, 2019— Finalists interviewed to compete for top scholarship
- Scholarships presented at 2019 Leadership Luncheon (All winners are expected to attend to receive their scholarship.)
Royden M. Bodley Eagle Scholarship
Another scholarship available for Eagle Scouts in the council is the Royden M. Bodley Scholarship. To be eligible a young man must be an Eagle Scout from Cascade Pacific Council, attend an institution of higher education in Oregon, and pursue an education in forestry, wildlife, conservation, or related environmental fields that will continue his interest in the out-of-doors.This scholarship is available for up to four years, though an application must be completed annually.
Applications are available online at www.getcollegefunds.org beginning in October with an absolute deadline of March 1st for submission.
National Eagle Scout Scholarships
American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarships
The American Legion honors the Eagle Scout of the Year at the national convention with a $10,000 scholarship. The three runners-up get $2,500. Further information is available from department adjutants or the Americanism Division. Visit the American Legion website.
|2019 Scholarship Application FILL.pdf||Required form to apply for local Eagle Scout Scholarships||Download|