Robotics Merit Badge Event
December 9, 2017
9:00AM to 3:00PM
Cascade Pacific Council Portland Service Center, Viking Room
2145 SW Naito Parkway
Portland, OR 972017
$60.00 (Only 15 seats available)
All Reservations are Nonrefundable.
In this 6 Hour Workshop, Scouts will Design - Build - Test - Demonstrate a robot based on Micro:bit and Moto:bit boards. This event differs substantially from other Robotics MB events offered! Cascade Pacific Council has been working with Sparkfun Electronics™ to make a new Robotics Platform available to Scouts. Scouts will build their robots from off the shelf materials and the Sparkfun Basic BSA Robotics Kit which they will take home.
At this event, Scouts will:
- Learn how to Design, Builde, Test, and Demonstrate a Robot
- Complete Robotics MB Requirements (4) and (5)
What you get at this event:
- 6 Hours of Hands-on Robotics Design and Programming with Microsoft MakeCode
- BBC Micro:Bit and Sparkfun Moto:Bit and Build Materials
- Scouts that come prepared will be able to complete their Merit Badge
- Participating Scouts keep the Robot they build
- Blue Card signed by your Scoutmaster
- Completed Merit Badge Worksheet Requirements 1a/b, 2a/b/c, 3, 6a/b, 7
- Robot Engineering Notebook and Pen/Pencil
- A Laptop or Chromebook (some shared laptops will be available, please indicate during registration if you will be able to bring a laptop).
- Special Building Materials (basic materials will be supplied) i.e.Something you’d like to turn into a robot or include on your robot. Like the Pinewood Derby car you built in Cub Scouts.
Please see Download section below for flyer and Robotics Merit Badge Worksheet.
Council/MWTE - Robotics Merit Badge December 09, 2017