Sunset Trail: Events
Please note your unit has an account that has been setup specifically for event registrations. Please talk to your unit leadership before creating a new account.
District Award of Merit Nominations are Being Accepted!
What is the District Award of Merit?
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts in the same manner that the Silver Beaver is a national award presented by councils.
The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof. This year Sunset Trail may award up to 4 awards.
It is not appropriate to nominate a Scouter who has already received this award. Previous recipients of the award can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ASMZgAfxj7x38i8FfNnwG48yi05YZGzOYf5t16BXDk/edit?usp=sharing
A professional Scouter or other council employee may not receive this award based on employment service. However, a professional Scouter or employee who also serves as a volunteer Scouter may be eligible, based on volunteer service.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
- A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both.
- Note - The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
- Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
Nomination forms can be found at https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33720.pdf
Nominations are due to Casandra Scaggs (email@example.com) by March 17th, 2018
Camporee 2018 is Almost Here!
Camporee is the district’s annual inter-troop competition. It is a great place to make new friends, rekindle old friendships, and establish troop bragging rights for the year to come.
As part of camporee you will enjoy two district wide campfires, challenge events, Sunday Scout’s Own service, and all sorts of fun and exciting events in between.
Location: Camp Meriwether, 17500 Cape Lookout Road, Cloverdale, OR 97112
Dates: May 3rd - 5th
Registration coming soon!