Please note: 2020 charter renewal information will be posted once we receive details from the National BSA organization. We anticipate learning more details by late October 2019.
On this page:
Steps to the charter renewal process:
Step A. Prepare:
- Select an adult to complete the online process.
- Obtain your unit access code from your District Commissioner or District Executive (Don't know who these persons are? Find them on the district map).
- Review this webpage, the Online Rechartering Frequently Asked Questions and use the Online Charter Renewal Tutorial to preview the process (An access code is not needed for the tutorial).
Step B. Ensure everyone is registered before starting the online charter renewal:
- Obtain a current roster.
- The unit roster can be printed from my.scouting, or can be obtained from your district commissioner or district executive.
- Review the roster for any missing persons.
- Collect membership applications for any missing persons.
- This can be done with paper applications or through the online membership application process at beascout.org.
- Collect the right fees - ensure that you collect fees for the months that the person is active in 2019, PLUS the full 2020 fees. See the chart below for pro-rate amounts.
- Questions? Contact your district commissioner or district executive.
- Turn in all applications.
- Wait a day or two for online applications to process, and a few days for paper applications to process.
- Obtain a fresh roster to ensure new persons are registered before proceeding to Step C.
Step C. Begin the online charter renewal process:
- Access the Online Charter Renewal System: https://scoutnet.scouting.org/ucrs
- Create account(s).
- A new account is required each year.
- A separate account is required for each unit.
- Complete the six stages as presented in the system, step-by-step.
- Need help? Here are some resources:
- Step-by-Step Overview PDF document
- Recharter FAQ document
- Online Charter Tutorial - a place to practice without a login
- Online Charter Help - basic questions are answered here.
- Need help? Here are some resources:
Please Note: We anticipate these details and dates will be updated for the 2020 renewal process by end of October as we learn additional details from the National BSA organization.
Oct 1: Online system activated
Oct 11: All units log in and start the online process
- Begin the steps listed above - first ensuring all members are registered, then using the online charter renewal system to renew for 2020.
Nov 2: All units submit charter online and confirm they're complete at Roundtable
- Bring a paper copy of your completed charter renewal to Roundtable.
- Any remaining paper applications or paper Youth Protection certificates should be attached to the printed charter and turned in at Roundtable.
Please do not use the 'E-Z Report' when printing your charter forms. The E-Z Report does not include some details necessary for our council's charter renewal process. This selection is made on the 'congratulations' page after you have submitted your charter renewal information. Please select the 'Print Renewal Application' option instead of E-Z Report.
Youth Protection Training is required. Current and new adults will not be registered without first completing Youth Protection training. Youth protection certificates are valid for two years and are required for all registered leaders.
Adult applications are required of age 18-20 Venturing, Sea Scout, and Exploring members. Venturing and Sea Scout participants, current and new, who are 18 to 20 years of age must complete an adult application and Youth Protection training in order to be registered. This standard is to ensure that all persons legally considered to be adults are able to meet adult membership requirements.
Updated 'Additional Disclosures & Background Check Authorization' forms are required of all registered adult leaders for the 2020 charter renewal process. Collect a completed, signed form from each adult on the unit charter list, previous members as well as new applicants. These forms are available at here: Background Check Disclosure | Authorization Form
Frequently Asked Questions - a list of common questions about the online charter process and system.
Online Charter Tutorial - a place to practice or demonstrate the online charter process. A login is not needed to use this tutorial.
Online Charter Help - basic questions are answered here about the online charter tools.
Membership Application Forms - source to download youth and adult membership forms.
Journey To Excellence Forms - source to download Journey to Excellence scorecards and other materials related to the Journey to Excellence program.
Please Note: Fees for the 2020 renewal process are being reviewed at the national and local levels and will be posted here by late October.
This chart shows fees for persons joining in 2019 and continuing their membership through 2020. Pro-rated and full-year fees are shown for each month of membership:
& Local Fees*
2019 + 2020 = Total
2019 + 2020 = Total
|Sep 2019||$12 + TBA = TBA||$4 + TBA = TBA|
|Oct 2019||$9 + TBA = TBA||$3 + TBA = TBA|
|Nov 2019||$6 + TBA = TBA||$2 + TBA = TBA|
|Dec 2019||$3 + TBA = TBA||N/A + TBA = TBA **|
|Full Year 2020||TBA*||
*2020 UPDATES WILL BE POSTED once we learn from the National BSA organization exactly what the 2020 fees will be. We anticipate knowing these in late October. >>> The 2019 National BSA fee is $33/yr, which goes directly to the National Council to support Scouting nationally. Local insurance fee is $12/yr (starting Jan. 1, 2019), which partially supports insurance costs of Scouting activities and programs within Cascade Pacific Council. Combined total is $45/yr ($3.75/mo) for 2019.
** Boy's Life is not collected in December, as the first issue would not arrive until the new year.
Frequently Asked Questions about the online recharter process
Download adult and youth membership application forms
Please note: 2019-2020 information will be posted soon.
|Charter Renewal Guidebook||Access the 2019 Charter Renewal Guidebook for detailed information and helpful tips in completing the renewal process.||Download|
|PowerPoint of Online Charter Renewal System||(PPTX) Step-by-Step screenshots of the online charter renewal process, to be shown on screen in a district training or roundtable situation. Includes presenter's notes to explain each slide. (7MB)||Download|