Aviation Merit Badge @ Aviation Day!
Alaska Airlines Aviation Day
May 18, 2019
Alaska Airlines Operations Flight Center
8070 NE Airtrans Way
Portland, OR 97218
This event is for youth between ages 11-18. Please bring a signed Blue Card to the counseling session.
2019 Aviation Merit Badge Day Schedule
7:15AM – 8:00AM
- Arrival - Horizon Air Operation Building located at 8070 NE Airtrans Way Portland, OR 97218
- Check-in - Security ID badges and pouch assigned
- The event is open to 175 Scouts/Venturers
- During registration, Scouts will be assigned to 1 of 2 groups for classroom instruction
- Adults may accompany Scouts to classroom sessions
- Aviation 101 and Charting classroom sessions with class rotation at 9:00am.
- Scouts are responsible for completing Charting and Aviation 101 classroom modules.
- Both modules wrap up at 10:00AM
10:00AM – 3:00PM
- Scouts and adults proceed to the hanger floor
- Scouts focus on completing these merit badge requirements: Career and education, Airport Facilities and Runways, preflight, model building, aircraft tours
12:00 Noon - 1:00PM Working lunch
- Lunch Hour – A basic lunch will be provided (hotdog, chips, various goodies, water) Those with special dietary needs are encouraged to bring their own lunch
12:30PM – 3:00PM Merit Badge Counseling
- Merit Badge Counseling will be provided in the Classroom section of the Operations Center. (the same area where scouts completed classroom modules) Scouts will be counseled according to the time period in which they signed up to counsel. Counseling slots will be assigned during the Aviation 101 module Scouts not ready to counsel when they signed up will be seen later when space is available.
- Scouts will also have the opportunity to return to the Static displays after their assigned Merit Badge counseling time until 3:00pm.
- Scouts who chose to leave early will be given Merit Badge Counselor contact information. Once the Scout checks out of the building, they MAY NOT re-enter.
- Scouts who choose to participate in the Merit Badge Counseling portion are free to leave when they have finished.
- Scouts not ready to begin merit badge counseling, continue with finishing merit badge requirements including Career Day, Airport Facilities and Runways, Preflight and model building
- Continue visiting the static displays and vender tables
- Vacate Hanger floor
Register Here (You will be redirected to Alaska Airlines Aviation Day website please make sure you read the important guidelines for registration).
|2019 Alaska Airlines Aviation Day||Download|