2021 National Jamboree
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
Every four years, Cascade Pacific Council puts together a Jamboree Contingent, one of the largest contingents of Scouts to attend the National Jamboree. The Contingent consists of anywhere from 7 to 15 units, comprised each of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. This year units will include Male Troops, Female Troops, and Venture Crews.
Troops will travel July 18 - July 31, 2021
Venture Crews will travel July 17 - July 31, 2021
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Airfare to and from the east coast
- Luggage fees
- Hotel and security
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, waterbottles, hats, shirts, jackets, backpack, duffle bag, patches)
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
- Bus transportation to all tour locations and to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
- A tour team to organize and facilitate all touring aspects
- Troops will take a 3-day tour of part of America's history including Washington, DC and other historical locations.
- Venture Crews will take a 4-day tour including New York, Washington DC and other historical locations.
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2021. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venture Crew who will be at least 14 years old (but who has not yet reached their 21st birthday by 8/1/2021).
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
At the time of registration, Scouts will be placed in a Jamboree troop/crew that is closest to where you live, unless that troop/crew is full. If that troop/crew is full the Scout will be placed in the closest available troop/crew. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly troop or crew meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering
- Attend an overnight training encampment.
- Have all fees paid no later than March 1, 2021.
Adult Leadership has been selected for the Cascade Pacific Council contingent.
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
2021 Jamboree with touring is $3975 for Troop participants and $4475 for Crew participants. Jamboree fees include everything listed above. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money.
A non-refundable reservation fee of $250 must accompany the initial registration. Once you click on the registration button, you will be prompted to "choose participant type". Once you begin your registration process, you will also be prompted to indicate which type of unit you would prefer to be in: Male Troop, Female Troop, or Venture Crew.
We highly suggest that regular payments be made, perhaps $100 per month or even quarterly payments. Full payment must be received no later than March 1, 2021 in order for the participant to attend. The following is the payment schedule for the 2021 National Jamboree (although more may be paid in advance):
$250 non-refundable per youth at time of registration
$825 non-refundable by 01/01/2020
$1,625 non-refundable by 05/01/2020
$2,425 non-refundable by 08/01/2020
$3,225 non-refundable by 11/01/2020
$3975 ($4475 for Crews) non-refundable by 02/01/2021
If for some reason a participant is unable to attend, a refund may be considered minus the non-refundable amount. If for some reason a participant is unable to attend and is able to fill his/her spot with another eligible participant, a full refund minus the initial $250 deposit will be approved.
LOOKING FOR THE 2017 CPC JAMBOREE COLLECTOR PATCHES? CLICK HERE for the Jamboree Collectors Patch Order Form.