Thanks to an anonymous donor, the Cascade Pacific Council is pleased to invite your troop to apply for a mini grant to aid you in your efforts to recruit new youth into your Boy Scout troop.
The Grant Program
The purpose of the mini grants is to build and sustain strong Scout troops by reaching out to youth not currently involved in Scouting. Our grants are meant to encourage creative thinking beyond a troop’s “normal” recruitment of Webelos Scouts.
A total of $10,000 in mini grants will be provided to local troops that are selected through a competitive process. Grants will range from $100 up to $1,000 each.
We plan to give priority to ideas that:
• Target non-Scouting youth per the donor’s interest.
• Reflect a comprehensive troop-wide approach to engaging parents and youth in recruiting other families into Scouting.
• Serve as models that can later be adopted by other troops.
We will consider grants to troops that are currently chartered and up to date in their administration of Scouting with the Cascade Pacific Council. Grant requests are limited to a minimum of $100 and a maximum of $1,000. This RFP is for one-time, short-term (one year maximum) recruitment campaign that is completed between June 1 and October 31, 2013.
The Grant Review and Proposal Process
June 4 Deadline for troops to send in their proposal
June 20 Troops informed by Cascade Pacific Council if their proposal is approved for funding
June 30 Grant funds sent to troops selected
June –October Recruitment campaign conducted
October 31 Deadline for summary report from troop back to the Cascade Pacific Council.
Your proposal must include:
1. Cover letter, on your stationery, signed by your Scoutmaster
2. Executive Summary
3. Narrative (no more than one page) that includes:
• Project Description
• Brief statement of your idea
• Goals and objectives
• Target population
• Project activities
• Who will lead the project and who will be involved
4. Project Budget (projected expenses)
We will contact you if we have questions or require additional information.