- What is the OA?
- The Order of the Arrow is Scouting’s national honor society.
- What does the Order of the Arrow do?
- The OA provides service to Scouting, Scout camps, and the community.
- How do Scouts become members of the Order of the Arrow?
- Youth members are elected by their units. They must be at least First Class, and must have at least 15 nights of camping within the two years prior to election including one long-term camp.
- Adults are selected by the unit committee. They must fulfill the same camping requirements as youth members. Contact your chapter adviser for details.
- All candidates must then go through the Ordeal weekend, which involves service at a Scout camp.
- When are elections held?
- Each Scout unit is allowed one election per year. Elections are normally held in January, February, and March.
- How can my unit schedule an election?